1. University Silver Medal in 1999 for standing second in the B.Sc. (Hons.) Examination – 1997.
2. University Gold Medal in 2001 for standing First in the M.Sc. Examination – 1999.
3. Anil Bandhu Das Memorial Endowment Medal for standing First in the M.Sc. Examination – 1999
Area of Specialization: Social Cultural Anthropology & Human Development
Area of Research: Enrolled as a Ph.D. research scholar (2012) in the Dept. of Anthropology, Ranchi University, Jharkhand on the topic of “Traditional Fishing Communities of the Coastal Areas of West Bengal: An Anthropological Study”.
Details of Publications:
Papers published in Journals and Seminars:
1. Success of Family Planning in a Rural Multi-ethnic Situation of Purba Medinipur District, West Bengal. S. K. Samanta, FOCUS. V.4. 2011. p. 149-163.
2. Ethnic Identity and Daily livelihood Condition of the Fisherman Communities in the Coastal Areas of West Bengal. S. K.Samanta. & P.K.Singh. FOCUS. V.5.2012. p. 125-141
1. Role of Sanitation and Water Facilities on the Health Status of Tribal Children in a Neighbouring Village of Santiniketan in the Birbhum District of West Bengal. Indian Journal of Developmental Studies. S.K.Samanta. V.1, No.1. 2012.
2. Role NGO’s in the Sustainable Development of the Tribals: A Case Study from Rural Bardhaman, West Bengal. S.K.Samanta Accepted for publication in an UGC sponsored seminar ISBN volume by the Dept. of Philosophy, Mahishadal Girls’ College. 2012
3. Role of globalization in the ethno medicinal practices in the Darjeeling Himalaya. S.K.Samanta. Accepted for publication in an UGC sponsored seminar ISBN volume by the Dept. of History, Mahishadal Girls’ College. 2012
4. Decentralization and Role of Local Self Govt. in the Post Aila Rehabilitative and Reform Work in the Fishing Communities Centered Coastal Areas of Southern West Bengal: A Case Study. S. K. Samanta & P.K.Singh. Accepted for publication in an UGC sponsored seminar ISBN volume by the Dept. of Political Science, Mahishadal Girls’ College. 2012
5. Availability of drinking water facilities to maintain quality of life in the Midnapore Municipality areas of Paschim Medinipur District: An evaluation. S. Giri& S.K.Samanta. Accepted for publication in an UGC sponsored seminar ISBN volume by the Dept. of Anthropology, Mahishadal Girls’ College. 2012
Working as one of the Founder member and Secretary of Haldia Advanced Research Foundation for Human Development, Mahishadal, Purba Medinipur District.